[MPlayer-users] Playing on specifc Xinerama screen with latest CVS

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Tue Jan 1 17:08:55 CET 2002

Hoi Arpi,

On Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:31:55 +0200 (CEST)
Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> > And you were right, there is a bug somewhere in the mga system...
> > it crashed while i was resizing the window... now I have to reboot
> > and have to find out what happend *GRMPF*
>
> crashed kernel or X ?

Mplayer crashed with a sig11. I didnt take it serious, just made
a note that i should look what happend until i realized that
mga_vid was left open. This means now, that i cant watch anything
neither with mga nor xv and i also cant unload mga_vid because
MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT wasn't called.

> btw, i got strange results when i resize a window to 0x0 size.
> it works well with mwm, but i saw window managers crashing from this.
> and if your wm crashes, it will 'crash' X too.

I think that was the cause. I played with the window and musst
have hit height 0. Mplayer crashed, but everthing else still
works Ok.

There isn't a possibility to force mga_vid to decrement the usage counter ?

BTW: This isn't a formal bug report as i'm still using the
mga_vid from 0.50 and i remember some changes afterwards.

		Attila Kinali

--
I am a moslem, i am a terrorist.