[MPlayer-users] radeonfb and -vo fbdev hanging machine

Brian J. Murrell 59e34a1a3fb2a4f6fceaeadd7995a769 at interlinx.bc.ca
Fri Jan 4 11:52:02 CET 2002

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:22:34PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:

> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick,

> RTFM. Arpi uses other keys for that

It's moot anyway as that mode will be difficult to extend with a GUI.
At least the fb has a port of the gtk+ toolkit.

> It wasn't introduced for gui.

No, of course not, but I realize that.  However, that doesn't mean
that using fbdev is not a good idea if you want to be able to write a
gui app.

> Just try it.

Well, I have.  I explained what happened when I did.  I got three
images across the framebuffer, all from the file I want to play, one
each in a different color and "interlaced".  Now I am looking for
hints as to why.  The DOCS don't really say that much about fbdev.  It
does say "-fs option isn't supported" but does that imply that no,
there is no hardware scaling to the resolution of the framebuffer?

If yes, there is no (hardware) scaling when using fbdev then I need to
dig up 320x240 fbdev modeline somewhere.  320x240 is going to suck
for making a GUI that will have text display.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell