[MPlayer-users] Re: 2 questions about 2-Pass DivX encoding with mencoder

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Tue Jan 8 20:42:02 CET 2002

"Tim U." <mplayer at tetro.net> wrote:

> mencoder has inverse telecine problems with "War Games" and "The Saint", and
> probably others that I can't remember right now.  I also tried encoding those
> movies in Windows using mpeg2avi, and DVD2AVI->VFAPI->VirtualDub.

Could you please try transcode? Since both programs can use the same
codec, this problems should occur with transcode as well. If not, it
should be worth to investigate, why transcode does work better.

BTW: Did you know, in the new 0.6.0pre, transcode adds support to the
mplayer postproc-filters.

S°

--
142 Reasons, Why You Can't Find Your System Administrator
22. (S)he's busy installing xfishtank on the main fileserver.