[MPlayer-users] No sound

Silviu D Minut minutsil at cse.msu.edu
Thu Jan 10 10:08:01 CET 2002

Using mplayer-0.60, works fine for the most part. Just this one time,
trying to play a dvd, I got image but no sound, with the following
message:

Detected audio codec: [a52] drv:14 (AC3-liba52)
Using SSE optimized IMDCT transform
AC3: 1.0 (mono)  48000 Hz  192.0 kbit/s
Unimplemented resampler for mode 0x1 -> 1 channels conversion - Contact
MPlayer developers!
a52: no resampler. try different channel setup!
Couldn't initialize audio codec! -> nosound

Says contact developers. So I have.

Also, the gui sometimes hangs and I have to kill -9.

Other than that it works surprisingly well, given that I've compiled it
with gcc-3.0.1.  Mencoder works fine too.