[MPlayer-users] bug in configuration file

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jan 11 19:59:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> What I'm trying to say is : State that you don't support (i.e. take
> bug-reports and requests for aid) by people who use 2.96 because it is buggy,
> but don't exclude them from compiling your app.

we did exactly the same.
it prints message to users, and allow them to disable this check if they
want. i really don't know why are people so dumb to not able to understand
why we did it.

and about the bero site: read opinions of both sides. they want to sell gcc.
we have to use it. think who lies...
anyway, that site mentions only _one_ of the thousands of bugs found by
mplayer users and other projects users and developers.
and even that bug is still NOT fixed in redhat's gcc. it's WORKAROUNDED in
mplayer. and again: there are other bugs too. RTFM.

please, please, and again: please, leave us to develop and keep the flame to
yourself. or send us patches to workaround all of the gcc
2.96 bugs.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu