[MPlayer-users] stripes in image with (x)mga and ffmpeg on G200

Brent Roman brent at mbari.org
Mon Jan 28 08:21:02 CET 2002

Diego,

I saw a very similar problem with my K6-2 500Mhz
system driving an NVidia TNT2 board.  Thin Black
and sometimes colored streaks that trail off to the right
of the video image when using the xv driver.

It looked like a Video RAM access contention issue to me, so I tried
lowering the bits/pixel from 24 to 16 and/or lessening
the screen resolution.  Either action cleared up the problem
immediately.  So, I'm pretty well convinced that was it.

It may be that some setting in the video driver is the root
cause of the problem, but I havn't dug much deeper into it.

I am curious to know whether others have seen similar
(mis-)behavior.  Please let me know what you find out...

- brent

From: Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>