[MPlayer-users] stripes in image with (x)mga and ffmpeg on G200

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Mon Jan 28 11:18:01 CET 2002

Hello!

OK, this was a helpful hint, I get the following results when changing
resolution and bitdepth:

               16bpp            24bpp
800x600          o                o
1024x768         o                -
1152x864         -                -
1280x1024        -                -

o = picture ok, - = stripes in picture

But what is going wrong?  And why only in one specific vc/vo
combination?  Is this a mplayer problem or a low level driver issue?
I do not really want to change my display resolution just to watch a
movie, unless it is full screen, but the problem does not appear when
viewing full screen..

One more question, what is RAM access contention supposed to mean in
this context?  I would be most delighted if somebody could educate me
on the matter.
Thanks

Diego