[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-0.60 and css support

Robos robos at geekmail.de
Tue Jan 29 01:03:02 CET 2002

On Mon, 28.01.02, Manuel Clos <llanero at jazzfree.com> wrote:
> Robos wrote:
>
> >>BTW I've never seen CSS'ed SVCD, but anything can happen.. And you'd also
> >>need a CSS key..
> >>

> >This would be weird, but I once had an undecrypted vobfile and if you
> >would convert that...uuhm, sounds really weird.
> >Robos
>
> What should I do then? The only way to play it on windows is using windvd.
>
> Do you mean I have to copy the .mpg file to a cd in order to play it?

Um, in a way: yes.
libdvdread needs a block device (harddrive is not one) so either burn
it or - a little bit more complicated - create an image and loopback
mount that (quieter than the cd option). To do the latter:
mkisofs -R -o test.iso your-mpeg.mpg
losetup /dev/loop0 test.iso
mount /dev/loop0 /where/ever/you/like
to reverse:
umount /where/ever/you/like
losetup -d
Hope this helps (although I doubt it, probably the movie is broken)
and it works ;-)
Robos