[MPlayer-users] NVidia will be bannished

Jan Sacharuk jan at chloris.ca
Tue Jan 29 20:06:02 CET 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 07:51:56PM +0100, gabor farkas wrote:

@>ati ... well. the new radeons are good ones, actually i'm not sure if they
@>support the newest features like pixel and vertex shading....

Yes, it does.

@>to make a long story short, if you want to get the best 3d card, you'll have
@>to get a geforce 3 , which is a nvidia product :-)
@>
@>i'm not saying that this is a good thing or bad, i only wanted to say that
@>you don't have a choice for a 3d card.

Actually, that's not true. The Radeon 8500 is a far superior 3d card,
even with vastly inferior drivers. Most benchmarks tend to bear that
out. However, the speed of the card means nothing if it isn't
stable. My 8500 is much faster than my friend's GeForce 3, but I
experience crashes in the middle of things like 3dMark2001. So who has
the better card?

Jan

--
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity