[MPlayer-users] Here is a strange one..

Sten Eriksson sten at uppsala.se
Tue Jul 2 02:27:02 CEST 2002

A nasty .VOB-file that has caused me some trouble "mencoding":
After 10 seconds the audio decoding goes haywire...
I then tried with "-ss", but it breaks again at about 190 secs.
Then tried to just dump the audio (mplayer -vo pcm) and just
encode the video and do the audio later, a'la mencvcd.
No-such-luck: the audio-less .avi-file is *fine* but when
I try to add the audiodump (like: mencoder -audiofile audiodump.wav
-ovc copy -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=160:q=0:cbr:mode=1 -o
Small_Soldiers.DivX4.avi -- smalls.nosound.avi) it encodes no
audio, downgrades the video and crashes with a floating-point
exception.

Not only the above gripes, the vob allso has a "strange"
aspect, namely 2.35:1 ("anamorphic widescreen"), mplayer does
some funky stuff with it, untill you bang on it...
(-aspect 2.35).

I have uploaded the first 400MB of the vob-file to
<ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/> as "Small_Soldiers.vob.dd"
Let me know if you need the whole 6 gigs.

Have fun!
--
    ----
  / Sten Eriksson                 | Mail: Sten at Uppsala.SE