[MPlayer-users] strange behavior...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 2 23:03:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > here is a strange behavior i noticed with MPlayer 0.90pre5-3.0:
> > playing "star wars, episod 1" dvd, during intro if i skip several times
> > forward and then skip several times backward, the intro text turns from
> > english to french ! and then if i do it again, back to english !
> > can someone explain ?
> >
> Hmm, just checked and same problem exists with my ep1 dvd, if I start playback
> with mplayer-dev -dvd 1 -angle 2, I get german intro ("Es war einmal vor
> langer Zeit in einer weit, weit entfernten Galaxis..."), if I seek a bit I
> get "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...".
>
> Arpi, do you want me to upload a sample + ifo, or can you fix it without it?

It's on teh donations page that I NEED such dvd disc, i coded the whole
multiangle thing blindly, never could actually test it.

Maybe if you upload the whole VOB + ifo, i could try, but no such many space
on mphq atm. Anyway i'm not interested in blindly fixing bugs so much :(
It's really annoying to change something then wait days for reports if it
fixed the bug, then change again and so on so on for weeks.
Maybe you could go and fix it...
or someone could donate me a multiangle dvd reproducing this bug

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team