[MPlayer-users] Possible bug [FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT]

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 3 21:16:03 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 03 July 2002 20:21, Per-Arne Holtmon Akø wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 15:31:09 +0000, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> > On Wednesday 03 July 2002 14:08, Per-Arne Holtmon Akø wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > > DOCS/bugreports.html] [snip]
> > >
> > > After poking around a bit, I found that it will compile and run fine if
> > > I remove the -march and -mcpu options from OPTFLAGS in config.mak.
> > > Guess it's just my compiler that's b0rked, then. :(
> >
> > what cpu do you have and which values were used for -march, -mcpu?
>
> athlon-xp for both. I have Athlon MP's.
afaik Atnlon XP and Athlon MP (that's the SMP model if I haven't mixed it up),
are pretty much the same core, so I guess you are right and it's a compiler
bug. You could use gdb + disass to trace the faulty instruction...

For now you should use -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 as it will be faster, than
omitting them at all.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos