[MPlayer-users] Possible bug [FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT]

Per-Arne Holtmon Akø perarneh at online.no
Wed Jul 3 21:23:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 21:04:13 +0000, Felix Buenemann wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 July 2002 20:21, Per-Arne Holtmon Akø wrote:

> > > what cpu do you have and which values were used for -march, -mcpu?
> >
> > athlon-xp for both. I have Athlon MP's.
> afaik Atnlon XP and Athlon MP (that's the SMP model if I haven't mixed it up),
> are pretty much the same core, so I guess you are right and it's a compiler
> bug. You could use gdb + disass to trace the faulty instruction...

If someone would mind holding my hand through the process I'm more than
willing to try this.

> For now you should use -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 as it will be faster, than
> omitting them at all.

And that works as well. Not that I really care about my CPU usage when
I'm watching divx's, since the machine rarely do something else then.

And you're right, the MP's are the SMP version, though the core isn't
exactly the same. I don't recall the differences right now, but they
exist, and it makes the MP's a bit faster in database and similiar
stuff.

--
vrak AKA Per-Arne Holtmon Akø
E-mail: perarneh at online.no