[MPlayer-users] Mencoder and AC5.1 audio

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Fri Jul 5 16:45:02 CEST 2002

gigyz dijo:
> DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi to all,
> when i encode a dvd with mencoder and -oac copy option the encoded
> movie works fine with MPlayer but when i try to play it with any
> windows player audio don't play correctly, i think because windows
> recognize audio as 2 channels pcm stereo. How can i solve that ? If i
> edit file with a hex editor to change the file's header...???

I think the best solution is adding the right codec to windows... but for
this wedepend on then whims of then commerce conveniences. Then the other way
may be recoding the sound in mp3 (-oac mp3lame). You may need to install
lame and configure/make again mencoder again.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
ICQ: 20528995.