[MPlayer-users] weird problem with ASF/WMV files

Julien WAJSBERG flash at minet.net
Thu Jul 11 16:29:01 CEST 2002

Re-hi ;)

I found a problem with some ASF/WMV files, maybe you'll be able to help.
These files where downloaded using ASFrecorder on a streaming server.

When I play them directly on the streaming server, it is ok.
When I play the downloaded files under windows, WMP skips to the end of
the video. I can seek in the file, see 1 ou 2 seconds, and then it skips
again to the end.
When I play the file over a HTTP server, it plays almost ok, there are
just some glitches sometimes.
When I play the same file with mplayer, it plays ok a couple of seconds,
and then the sound stops. WHen I seek in the file, I can hear the sound
again, but it stops after 1 ou 2 seconds.

Any idea ?
--
Flash