[MPlayer-users] a WMA file that cannot be played ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jul 11 16:53:02 CEST 2002

> That stuff is for Windows only.
>
> Any known linux version?

not possible

if you ever read that doc/source, you would know that wmp uses some hardware
info, windows serial number and other registry stuff mixed together as key,
so you can't play the file on another windows nor on another os like linux,
even if you have the same player. it makes sure that you can't distrubute
the file (just unplayable shit) you paid for.

> Hetz
>
> On Thursday 11 July 2002 12:39, mdew wrote:
> > On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 13:30, mheath at netspace.net.au wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

> > > Windows media player plays it.
> > > I just tried on a friends machine.
> > > Though it does go to a remote site and download something. I assume
> > > a media key ?
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any documentation on how these DRM files work?
> >
> > something like this?
> >
> > http://mylogin.orcon.net.nz/ms-wma-drm-remover.tar.gz

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team