[MPlayer-users] a WMA file that cannot be played ?

mheath at netspace.net.au mheath at netspace.net.au
Fri Jul 12 03:28:02 CEST 2002

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>That stuff is for Windows only.
>
>Any known linux version?

Wine perhaps? I mean the development side.

After getting the required libraries these are the following calls that
I assume are provided by windows OS.

GetLastError                        msdrm.o
RegCloseKey                         msdrm.o
FreeLibrary                         msdrm.o
LoadLibraryA                        msdrm.o
StgOpenStorage                      msdrm.o
RegQueryValueExA                    msdrm.o
GetProcAddress                      msdrm.o
RegOpenKeyExA                       msdrm.o
WideCharToMultiByte                 main.o
GetFileAttributesA                  msdrm.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to freeme
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I suspect some of the above functions could be emulated with a
custom library, which I suspect the wine developers have already done.

The LoadLibrary function is the one that scares me though.  Which I assume
is like dlload.  Though since the mplayer developers already know how to
plug in to windows libraries this may not be so difficult... comments ?

If there are any windows hackers here, how hard would it be to implement
these functions ?

Mark