[MPlayer-users] Watching videos with old S3 Graphics Card

M. van de Sanden M.vd.Sanden at ai.rug.nl
Fri Jul 12 19:09:01 CEST 2002

At the time, the link to that driver didn't work. I'm not sure now, so I
will check it sometime. The original driver makes x windows crash when I
scroll things (like in a terminal window or in mozilla) (most of the time
it just hangs for some time and sometimes it hangs indefinetly) I
contacted the author about that but he says that I'm the only one having
this problem and that he doesn't know how to help. The only thing that
works is to turn of acceleration, which causes xvideo not to work. Also,
if I switch to tv out, the screen shifts to the right at the moments when
it would normally (with acceleraion) hang. Fortunalty dga works fine,
since the mplayer dga driver was fixed some time ago.
If the link work, I'll try your driver after I get back from my vacation.

Thanks for the reply,

Mart

--
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.
-- Albert Einstein