[MPlayer-users] Watching videos with old S3 Graphics Card

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Jul 12 19:15:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 06:45:27PM +0200, M. van de Sanden wrote:
> At the time, the link to that driver didn't work. I'm not sure now, so I
> will check it sometime. The original driver makes x windows crash when I

X Windowing System   _OR_     X Window  (for being short)
but _NOT_ 'windows'. This is a common fault though .... X Window does not
have any relationship with M$ windows it's important to know.

> scroll things (like in a terminal window or in mozilla) (most of the time
> it just hangs for some time and sometimes it hangs indefinetly) I
> contacted the author about that but he says that I'm the only one having
> this problem and that he doesn't know how to help. The only thing that
> works is to turn of acceleration, which causes xvideo not to work. Also,

Hmmm, maybe you should try to play with AGP/PCI settings (I don't know
what type of card do you have, AGP or PCI), I had got a card which caused
system crashes till I played a bit with BIOS settings ...

> if I switch to tv out, the screen shifts to the right at the moments when
> it would normally (with acceleraion) hang. Fortunalty dga works fine,
> since the mplayer dga driver was fixed some time ago.
> If the link work, I'll try your driver after I get back from my vacation.

- Gábor (larta'H)