[MPlayer-users] |Bug| Broken frame kills mplayer

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 14 17:43:01 CEST 2002

On Wednesday 10 July 2002 02:48, mdew wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 21:42, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > and what is the bug? mplayer -v log ?
> >
> > your system info is not enough for me to find it out ;)
> >
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > > DOCS/bugreports.html]
>
> Bad Company (2002).CD2.SVCD.TS.Centropy.VCDistro.ShareReactor.txt
> (incoming) also holds mplayer -v stuff...
>
> the actual .bin file is also in incoming...
The file is simply broken:
 1. the complete file should be around 800MB
 2. the file contains only zeroes (-> no data) beginning from offset 0221 0000

Just try to compress it with gzip or so, I guess you'll endup with no more
than 30Meg, because the rest can be compressed away.
If you look at your hdd led you'll also notice that it begins acting heavily
from the point where it reaches the end of data because it begins to search
through the rest of the file to get more data, because it doesn't find any
(only zeroes) it reaches eof.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos