[MPlayer-users] Bad quality ("horizontal lines on movement") an mpeg2->divx

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Jul 15 01:13:02 CEST 2002

Steven Adeff wrote:
> Corey, I actually used that bash scripting page to write the script I'm
> using. I'll have to look over what you wrote below and see if i can
> figure out how to do the parsing...

Yeah, your script looks like it should work. You could do some fine-
tuning later on once you learn more.

I don't know if you noticed, but the error messages for pass 2 and pass
3 are identical.
-could make things a bit confusing if you encounter a problem. :)

Also, with regard to the error checking, if mencoder errors out in the
middle of an encoding the output avi will still exist. Read the exit
status section of the bash scripting guide. As far as I know, mencoder
should always return a nonzero exit status if it has a problem.

-Corey