[MPlayer-users] Codecs trobule

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 15 13:43:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > I've been trying to recompile with ./configure --enable-gui
> > --disable-divx5linux but the config script always choosed to enable
>
> It's --disable-divx4linux.

yes
and before you're starting to ask why, i will answer:
divx5linux is just marketing joke, it's really divx4linux, with fully
compatible API. Even, inside the file you can find version number 4.5, not
5.0. but probably their marketing experts suggested 5.0 over 4.5, it sounds
better :)

So, in mplayer there is no difference between divx4 and divx5 support,
the same code is used, just your external lib differs.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team