[MPlayer-users] zoom???

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Wed Jul 24 09:32:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:40:56AM +0200, fanek at free.fr wrote:
> /usr/bin/mplayer -vo x11 -fs -zoom /myfilm
>
> Question:
>
> When I play de film whithout -fs -zoom the film is play in the native
> resolution and it's find, very find!! But whith -fs -zoom, even if I get the
> full screen, the movements of pictures are slow down and it's very strange to
> see.
>
> Why??

No wonder ... You're using "-vo x11" which is VERY VERY slow video output
method. So if you zoom it, your system is not fast enough to transfer full
screen sized images. X11 is slow enough to require pentium-9 9898GHz to do
this right :) Instead of x11 you should try faster video output, eg xv.
Or at least you should something learn about '-vm' too.

- Gábor (larta'H)