[MPlayer-users] Some questions

smuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Thu Jul 25 21:49:02 CEST 2002

Hi, Arpi

Lately, I am using some new commands that I have discovered in Mplayer (there
are so many...:-)
I would know if theoretically the quality is improved using them when looking
at a movie. (It seems so for me, but...)
Specially, I am very surprised with the instructions: .... -dr -noslices ....
because when I use them, the quality is excellent but my control over CPU
tells me that it is working sometimes at 0%. !!
Also, what is your opinion on using OpenGl? In my particular case, mplayer
runs beautifully with .... -vo gl2 ....
The picture seems clearer and the colors very nice; stronger. Nevertheless, I
can not use the key "f" for fullscreen, but I can increase the size to the
whole screen (1280x1024) dragging the mouse. And what is also surprising is
that the CPU, usually working between 5% and 10% with "gl2", do not increase
its rate using the whole screen.... curious!
I have a Nvidia G-Force-2 very cheap (100 euros) but also very new. Perhaps is
this card the reason for so many wonders?
As CPU I have Athlon 1800 XP (also relatively unexpensive).
All in all, everyday I like more and more MPLAYER!!
Regards
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040