[MPlayer-users] another mencoder question (DEMUXER again)

Karsten Mueller kmu at ratio.de
Thu Jul 25 22:18:02 CEST 2002

Hi List,

today I discovered a strange behaviour of mencoder.

While encoding one of my VDR movies to divx via NFS on my server I got
zillions of the following messages:

DEMUXER: Too many (4096 in 2213952 bytes) audio packets in the buffer!

I stopped the encoder, copied the *.vdr to my local filesystem and
restarted the encoding process with (exact) the same options.

And voila, *no* errors at all. Since I have *absolutely* no idea
what has happened and why it does make a difference between working on
a local or an NFS mounted filesystem, maybe one of you "gurus" ;-)
could give me a hint... ?

Thanks in advance...

--
with best regards