[MPlayer-users] es1371 and hwac3

joy ping joy at pingfm.org
Sat Jul 27 13:41:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 12:17:33PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
> Yes, I have no /dev/snd/pcmC0D2p, so I changed the device to hw:0,1
>
> | ./mplayer -ac hwac3 -ao alsa9:hw:0,1 ...

subdevice for iec958 is set by default to hw:0,2, it must be set
manually for other configurations, but anyway, iec958 is on hw:0,0 on the
ens1371 i guess.

> | AO: [alsa9] 48000Hz 2ch AC3
> | alsa-init: testing and bugreports are welcome.
> | alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 2 channels, AC3
> | alsa-init: soundcard set to hw:0,1
> | device: 1, subdevice: 0
> | hw:0
> | alsa-spdif-init: cant set spdif-trough automatically
>
> If mplayer can't enable spdif-trough automatically, how can I enable
> it manually?

try to set the iec958 playback-switch with alsamixer or alsactl, but
configuration for the ens1371 is incomplete due to lack of information
about the internals (creative refuses to open the specs) so it will probably
not work.

--
regards

____-