[MPlayer-users] Re: es1371 and hwac3

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Sat Jul 27 16:40:02 CEST 2002

joy ping wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 12:17:33PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>> Yes, I have no /dev/snd/pcmC0D2p, so I changed the device to hw:0,1
>>
>> | ./mplayer -ac hwac3 -ao alsa9:hw:0,1 ...
>
> subdevice for iec958 is set by default to hw:0,2, it must be set
> manually for other configurations, but anyway, iec958 is on hw:0,0 on the
> ens1371 i guess.

hw:0,0 doesn't work either. :-(

>> | AO: [alsa9] 48000Hz 2ch AC3
>> | alsa-init: testing and bugreports are welcome.
>> | alsa-init: requested format: 48000 Hz, 2 channels, AC3
>> | alsa-init: soundcard set to hw:0,1
>> | device: 1, subdevice: 0
>> | hw:0
>> | alsa-spdif-init: cant set spdif-trough automatically
>>
>> If mplayer can't enable spdif-trough automatically, how can I enable
>> it manually?
>
> try to set the iec958 playback-switch with alsamixer or alsactl, but
> configuration for the ens1371 is incomplete due to lack of information
> about the internals (creative refuses to open the specs) so it will probably
> not work.

With alsactl and alsamixer I can only enable and disable digital
out. Digital out is enabled and connected to coax in. I hear every
sound, except hwac3. My digital as receiver can decode this, with a
DXR3 it works fine.

So I think it's time for a new soundcard.

Dischi

--
As far as we know, our computer has never had an undetected error.