[MPlayer-users] shrink a movie

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Jul 27 23:07:02 CEST 2002

Hi.

> Not so sure it's a bug with ogmmerge.  The files produced appear to be
> fine (although i'm no expert), so i'm thinking it might be a problem
> with the OGM DS filters.

I've learned a lot about OGG files in the last four days... So it may
very well be a problem related to ogmmerge.

> Or maybe the DS filters just can't deal with 48000Hz Vorbis?

They do. Nearly all DVD rips come with 48kHz audio, and I've also tried
some 48kHz audio tracks with the OggDS.

> Look forward to it.  The current version is a damn fine piece of work
> though.  The only problem i've experienced is the above one.  Oh and
> mplayer sometimes exits or restarts the file if you attempt to seek
> forwards a lot.

That might really be a problem with packet ordering inside the stream -
one of the fields I had a lot of problems with lately.

> If you want to look at the problem/non-problem files yourself they are
> the *.mpeg4.ogg ones at
> http://www.hetherington.co.uk/files/experimental  It may be that the
> problems were at the users end (although the second file worked for both
> of them).

Great, I'll try them with my newer version. I'm always happy to have
cases which are known to cause problems - these are the best for
debugging :)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)