[MPlayer-users] Processor Speed Requirements

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Mon Jul 29 22:57:02 CEST 2002

Am Montag, 29. Juli 2002 14.52 schrieb sriprabha:
> Processor: Cyrix MediaGX with MMX 1 support
> Processor Speed: 233MHz

Well, for VCDs, this should be fast enough, but...

> Xfree86 Version 3.3.3.1 (4.x version did not work out well)

THIS is asking for trouble (or at least for some very slow playback).

The problem is, that XFree < 4.0 hasn't got all those sexy speed
enhancements for video playback. You might want to try VESA or fbdev
video out instead.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    I'm breaking for DAUs, too!       x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \