[MPlayer-users] divx playback

Michele Costantino M Soccio michelecostantino at lycos.com
Fri Jun 7 15:11:02 CEST 2002

I had the same problem.
You have to edit the mencoder.c file and change
switch(mux_a->codec){
	    case ACODEC_COPY: // copy
		len=mux_a->wf->nAvgBytesPerSec/2;
		len/=mux_a->h.dwSampleSize;if(len<1) len=1;
		len*=mux_a->h.dwSampleSize;

switch(mux_a->codec){
	    case ACODEC_COPY: // copy
		len=mux_a->wf->nAvgBytesPerSec/12;
		len/=mux_a->h.dwSampleSize;if(len<1) len=1;
		len*=mux_a->h.dwSampleSize;

note "nAvgBytesPerSec/2" becomes "nAvgBytesPerSec/12"

You have also to install the latest divx codec for windows.
Howevere there is a problem: when seeking a movie from windows you lost the a/v sync.
I already asked for this matter, but the developers said they aren't experts of windows.

bye bye

PS: Use the libavcodec insted of divx4 option: coding will be faster and better.