[MPlayer-users] divx playback

Clemens Wächter clemenswaechter at web.de
Sat Jun 8 00:23:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, 07 Jun 2002 14:36:35 +0200
"Johannes Feigl" <jaf.corporation at gmx.at> wrote:

> divx 4 / divx 5 encoded files with mplayer works for me with
> media player 6.4 and bsplayer.
>
> did you install divx 5.0.2 (windows) ???
>
> mfg johannes
>
> On Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:42:44 +0200
>  Ashendra Singh <ashendra at spectrumvns.com> wrote:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > i successfully ripped a dvd using mencoder pre4 and it
> > plays back
> > perfectly in mplayer , but i want to be able to playback
> > in windows too
> > which doesnt happen
> > i used mencoder -dvd 1 -oac copy -ovc divx4 ....
> >

> > --
> > Ashendra Singh

I guess the Problem is more -oac copy. It copies the audio stream from dvd whatever it is.
So your .avi probably contains a ac3 stream or something alike which Windows won't recognize.

You could try to convert the audio of your .avi to pcm or mp3 and then it *should* play back.
(Try mencoder -ovc copy -oac mp3lame file.avi ...)

Anyway, what does your Windows player say? Audio codec not found or something else?

With kind regards,

Clemens Wächter