[MPlayer-users] --enable-gui - Unable to compile 0.90-pre5

Lethal Weapon lethalwp at linuxbe.org
Sun Jun 9 13:26:02 CEST 2002

> I've never understood these kind of people. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR!
> So it's nothing with MPlayer but the compiler. I think it's very clear and
> I don't know why it is so hard to realize that this is not problem of mplayer
> but the compiler.
So you don't remember being a newbie with linux...?

Maybe you were born with the knowledge?

When i first was doing configure; make; make install; some years ago,
and when it went wrong... I wasn't able to help myself, with the time
and the digging, the knowledge came, but i've needed about 1 year to
know myself a way through linux (i'm using console most of the time, ppl
using 100% GUI will require a lot more i presume).

You guys on mplayer are doing a great job and making a lot of people
happy, but it's really a shame you keep on going like: "GO RTFM YOU
D*CKHEAD", or now the new RTFB (yeah sure, newbies will directly
understand what the B's for), common, no need to be rude to teach ppl
something...

Yes, ppl should read, but some beginners don't even know that some files
are meant to be read...

So, please answer a more friendly way, or if it's boring don't answer?

Anyway, don't take it personnally, i just had to say this, it was the
feeling this mailing list gave me, maybe i'm wrong ;)

Greetings,
       Ltwp