[MPlayer-users] [OT] newbie questions

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sun Jun 9 16:34:02 CEST 2002

On Sunday, 09 June 2002, Lethal Weapon wrote:

> > I've never understood these kind of people. INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR!
> > So it's nothing with MPlayer but the compiler. I think it's very clear and
> > I don't know why it is so hard to realize that this is not problem of mplayer
> > but the compiler.
> So you don't remember being a newbie with linux...?

Sure, I remember.

> Maybe you were born with the knowledge?

Of course not, but I always tried not to be clueless. I did a lot
of RTFM first. Only when I tried out everything I knew and read
did I go to mailing list or newsgroup and ask. Most people are too lazy
to read and solve their problems on their own.

[...]
> You guys on mplayer are doing a great job and making a lot of people
> happy, but it's really a shame you keep on going like: "GO RTFM YOU
> D*CKHEAD", or now the new RTFB (yeah sure, newbies will directly
> understand what the B's for), common, no need to be rude to teach ppl
> something...

Why don't *you* try answering all these clueless newbies' question
for a few years? Let's see how polite and understanding will you be
_then_.

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>