[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: realvideo G2/v8 (rv20/rv30) support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 9 19:58:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > hmm
> > there should be a Codecs/ subdirectory, with files called drv3* drv2* rv30
> *
> > rv20* .. i need them.
> > what you uploaded seem sto be the windows gui, not teh codecs :(
> >
> I uploaded them into the real8codec dir

thanks it's that what i needed.

i've added required code to allow loading the dll files (if loading them as
ELF libs fail, try as win32 dll), seems to work, but the codec doesn't
accept the header, so initialization fails. i doubt that they use very
different way under win32 than under linux, but who knows...
at least what works with linux .so doens't work with equalient win32 .dll :(

i think i should get rp8/win working in wine, so i could trace its run.

anyway, Nexus could get the linux .so working under freebsd, with some very
ugly hacks...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team