[MPlayer-users] libdvdcss changes in mplayer?

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Wed Jun 12 11:14:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 08:40:28AM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:

> Have there been changes to libdvdcss within the cryptoanalysis for
> the mplayer version or only in key management?
>
> Why I ask: I have a dvd which cannot be played with ogle nor read
> with transcode, but only mplayer. The problem is a mismatch in
> region codes. This is the first and only disc I have this problem.

Unless explicitely requested to use libdvdread, configure will use
libmpdvdkit. This version is based on libdvdcss and libdvdread and was
cooked and optimized for mplayer use by Pontscho (see libmpdvdkit/README).

Check your configure/configure.log outputs, maybe that explains it.

--
Best regards,
  pl