[MPlayer-users] cvs/frameno/encode

Miklos Bagi Jr. joschy at mailbox.hu
Thu Jun 13 01:24:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

Let me reply to both of your replys ;o)

>could you upload one of them?
>so we could reproduce the problem...

Well, how much space do you guys have on the ftp? I'd be able to upload them
but would take about 1,5 gigz.

> anyway, imho if with -lavcopts vqmin=2:vbitrate=8000 it still crestes very
> small _and_ very bad quality file, it's either a bug or too bad quality
> source file.

Well, the source file is a dvdrip in SVCD format. It is not that bad.

> just checke dyour uploaded lon, and all the entries are q:3
>
> in:14 out:14 type:2 q:3 itex:0 ptex:0 mv:0 misc:972 fcode:1 bcode:1
>
> so you've encoded it with vqmin=3

Yes, that's possible, I've missed that at the last encoding retry, so lemme do
that encoding again and upload the new lavcstats with vqmin2 options set. It
doesn't make big difference though, I'll get 130 megz more with the filesize,
but I don't see that much quality difference...

> (it means you get the maximum possible file size with this restriction,
> you can't get bigger frames qith q:3, only if you allow it to use lower q
> scale)

Yeah, I've already got it. ;o)

> why don't you try vqmin=2 or vqmin=1
>
> anyway tehre is no big image quality difference (at least at high
> width*height) between q=1 and q=3

I've also got the opportunity to figure that out ;o)

MBJr.