[MPlayer-users] cvs/frameno/encode

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 13 01:48:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Let me reply to both of your replys ;o)
>
> >could you upload one of them?
> >so we could reproduce the problem...
>
> Well, how much space do you guys have on the ftp? I'd be able to upload them
>
> but would take about 1,5 gigz.

/dev/md2              29497812  27773800   1724012  95% /home

so it's ok

usually there is 2-3 gigs at least, dunno why is just 1.7g now

anyone who wants to donate some big ide hdd to the mphq server? :)

> > anyway, imho if with -lavcopts vqmin=2:vbitrate=8000 it still crestes very
> > small _and_ very bad quality file, it's either a bug or too bad quality
> > source file.
>
> Well, the source file is a dvdrip in SVCD format. It is not that bad.

which film? tell me the whole filename, maybe i have access to it somewhere

> > just checke dyour uploaded lon, and all the entries are q:3
> >
> > in:14 out:14 type:2 q:3 itex:0 ptex:0 mv:0 misc:972 fcode:1 bcode:1
> >
> > so you've encoded it with vqmin=3
>
> Yes, that's possible, I've missed that at the last encoding retry, so lemme
> do
> that encoding again and upload the new lavcstats with vqmin2 options set. It
>
> doesn't make big difference though, I'll get 130 megz more with the filesize
> ,
> but I don't see that much quality difference...

then try vqmin=1

and also upload the mencoder commandlien and -v log used to create that file
the file itself is not so usable wihtout knowing what parameters the codec
use

> > (it means you get the maximum possible file size with this restriction,
> > you can't get bigger frames qith q:3, only if you allow it to use lower q
> > scale)
>
> Yeah, I've already got it. ;o)
>
> > why don't you try vqmin=2 or vqmin=1
> >
> > anyway tehre is no big image quality difference (at least at high
> > width*height) between q=1 and q=3
>
> I've also got the opportunity to figure that out ;o)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team