[MPlayer-users] Attitude Anyone?

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Jun 14 10:03:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:22:37AM -0400, Darren White wrote:
> I think you experts should be careful about your attitudes when replying
> to mail. The people who are asking for help are not trying to get put
> down just because you know something and they don't.
>
> Maybe a 'newbie' forum should be created with an expert who doesn't mind
> answering "dumb" questions? This may cut down on churn in your
> development forum.

BUT WHY?! If it's already written in the documentation it's no use. The
porblem is not about newbie quiestions. The porblem is about asking
questions aswered hundred times in the mailing lists already AND it's
written in the documentation!

> The purpose of a community support mailing list SHOULD be to stimulate
> HEALTHY dialog between the "haves" and the "have nots". Be considerate
> of your replies. I'm sure there is something that you don't know and
> would like to get response w/o feeling insulted.
>
> There is tons of info out there about mplayer and linux and searching
> for it sometimes is not as easy as just asking the question. This is how
> people learn

Maybe. But 90% of lamer questions on the lists can be answered with about
few seconds search in the documentation ...

> Hey, you guys are a great resource and I hope I have not offended
> anyone, If I have, I apologize in advance.

No prob at all, any opinion is welcome.

- Gábor