[MPlayer-users] Attitude Anyone?

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 15 11:56:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

On Thursday 13 June 2002 16:22, Darren White wrote:
> This is just a friendly thought.
>
> I think you experts should be careful about your attitudes when replying
> to mail. The people who are asking for help are not trying to get put
> down just because you know something and they don't.
>
> Maybe a 'newbie' forum should be created with an expert who doesn't mind
> answering "dumb" questions? This may cut down on churn in your
> development forum.

I got the idea, of installing a fully user-supported web-bulletin board on
mplayerhq.hu. Newbies seem to like boards more than mailing-lists and also
users seem to be quite responsive even to newvie questions on that board.

After all I think the point is that they don't get a large bunch of mails
every day, but can choose whean they want to give some advice or discuss with
other users.

IMHO this is really worth a try and we can still bash if it doesn't work.
Anyone knows a good and free bboard system?
It should of course include a good search function and posting for both
anonymous and subscribed users.
It may use perl/cgi and mysql if needed, maybe arpi can even be brought to
reinstall php on mphq if needed ;)

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos