[MPlayer-users] Attitude Anyone?

Daniil V. Kolpakov dan at vsi.gov.lv
Fri Jun 14 19:25:01 CEST 2002

??? ??? ????? - 14 ???? 2002 19:46, ? jasonrc at gomdoli.com ?????:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Daniil V. Kolpakov wrote:
> > ??? ??? ????? - 13 ???? 2002 19:15, ? Arpi ?????:
> > > the main fact: we don't need newbies.
> >
> > A little bit rude, but shows point right...
>
> A little short sighted. Mplayer, like most apps, has dependencies on
> various libraries and, in the broad sense, linux/freeBDS.

I think MPlayer is wery much in the spirit of unix, and I also think
that we shouldn't make 'grep' to be more user-friendly.

After all, there's xine for newbies, that's true.

I sometimes buy one russian computer magazine called 'hacker' :). This
is extremely lame magazine, with some pretty funny articles to read
sometimes (like potentionally non working program listings and so on).
Last issue was mainly about linux. Not only they discussed how to make
a linux system more secure (the article was stolen from somewhere and
brushed up, it talked about 2.0 kernel and gave smart advices like for
using shadowed passwords, which arent used by default in all major
distribs), but they also made a rewiew of linux video players. MPlayer
was something they don't quite liked ("smells like very
unfinished..."), and the overall decision was about linux' media
players aren't as good as windows' ones and luck many
important/convinient features :). This obviously shows their lameness
once again :))))

--
[dan at shinestar ~]$ ls -l /dev/brains
ls: /dev/brains: No such file or directory