Fw: Re: [MPlayer-users] Distribution Poll (was Re: Want Less Attitude?)

Markus Kalb Markus.Kalb at gmx.net
Fri Jun 14 20:33:01 CEST 2002

hi

next try to post this to the list. the first was blocked because i was
talking about a comiler veriosn that is correctly banned so maybe the
spaces between the nubers will help to get this mail trough.

ciao markus

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:55:23 +0200
Dominik Mierzejewski <dominik at rangers.eu.org> wrote:

> DOCS/bugreports.html] On Friday, 14 June 2002, Rob Wallace wrote:
> [snip]
> > The best way to lower the number of newbie questions is to provide
> > more binary packages. That requires volunteers who can tell their
> > ass from a hole in the ground - oops there I go with the attitude.
>
> Good idea. Although I've had reports of my RedHat RPMs working on
> Mandrake, but it would be better to have MDK-specific packages (i.e.
> compiled with whatever good gcc is available for MDK, with specific

the problem at the moment with mdk and mplayer is that the standart
gcc on mdk 8.2 is still the 2   9 6 version  and i had to install some
libs
when i tried to compile the mplayer src package and even then it was a
pain in the ... to get it working, so now im doing "configure" again.

Any rpm guru out there who could tell me something about changing the
reguires part of the rpm.spec files ? Mandrake is still using a other
naming system for some libs and so even as the libs are installed on
the system the redhat based rpm.spec is still on strike and will not
compile.

ciao markus

PS for Zdik Kudrle <zdeeck at borg.cz>
	if you think that the above is written in bad english
	dann kannst du dich gerne bei mir beschweren jedoch
	dann bitte auf deutsch den Beschwerden nehme ich nun
	mal nur in meiner Muttersprache entgegen.

--
 /"\         Markus Kalb <markus.kalb at web.de>
 \ /	                GnuPG Key ID B93BDF1E