[MPlayer-users] MEncoder + mp3-encoding?

Alan Murrell silkbc at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 16 10:34:02 CEST 2002

Hello.

I have the latest CVS version of MPlayer installed
(well, as of two days ago).  I also have the following
two files:

/usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0
/usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0.0.0

which were installed by the liblame0-3.93 "PLF" RPM
package (http://plf.zarb.org).  After compiling and
installing MPlayer, I tried to MEncode a MPEG2 video
to DivX, using 128Kbit audio via the lameopts.
However, it didn't recognize mp3 as a valid format.  I
did a "mencoder -oac help", and the only "allowed"
formats I could do were "copy" and "pcm".

I am not sure what package I am missing?  Or should
there be a symlink in /usr/lib called "libmp3lame"
that is link to one of the two libmp3lame.so files I
mentioned above?  If so, which file should it be
linked to?  I imagine this would involve a re-compile
of MPlayer?

Thanx, in advance.

=====
--