[MPlayer-users] Attitude Anyone?

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 15:07:01 CEST 2002

On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 11:12:59 +0200
Felix Buenemann <atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> I got the idea, of installing a fully user-supported web-bulletin board on
> mplayerhq.hu. Newbies seem to like boards more than mailing-lists and also
> users seem to be quite responsive even to newvie questions on that board.

May i quote Tobias Oetiker (the guy who wrote mrtg and rrdtool) about
a discussion whether we should create a web based forum at our university
(with 90% windaus) for different subjects of the classes.
Tobias voted at that time for creating some usenet groups:

"Es ist mit der Situation zu vergleichen, wenn du neben dem Alpamare
ein aufblasbares Kinder-Bad aufstellst und den Leuten sagst sie
sollen doch zu dir kommen, denn das Wasser in deinem Becken sei
2 grad wärmer und ertrinken könne man da auch nicht ...

Ich finde die Leute sollen Schwimmen lernen ..."

<translate>
It is to be compared with the situation, if you set up an inflatable
child bath beside the Alpamare (note: the Alpamare is one of the biggest
swiming pools in switzerland www.alpamare.ch) and to the people say she
are to you to come nevertheless, because the water is in your basin
2 degrees more warmer and one cannot drown there also...

I think people should learn swiming..."
</translate>

		Attila Kinali

PS: Yes, we are now using newsnet groups and quite some people are using it.
--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.