[MPlayer-users] incorrect playing rate with dxr3 sound driver

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Mon Jun 17 13:34:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "DEBERT Jean-Louis" <jl_debert at rsd-intl.com>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2002 9:23 AM
Subject: RE: [MPlayer-users] incorrect playing rate with dxr3 sound driver

> >  AFAIK dxr3 can only support some discrete samplingrates.
>
> Possibly, but it still works correctly with "list=resample ..."
> so this just means that the audio driver setup would have to be
> smart about it.

Yeah; I feel the same about framedrop.
Nothing worse than watching a streaming event only to be told partway
through your machine is suddenly too slow, consider re-running with
framedrop,

MPlayer, not mencoder, are there really any cases where we don't want to
framedrop if we need to?

Is list=resample ignored if resampling is not required?  I may have to make
it one of my default options along with -framedrop and -zoom

Sam