[MPlayer-users] Only partial subtitles encoded

Rocky Hetherington lists at hetherington.co.uk
Tue Jun 25 14:31:01 CEST 2002

I'm experimenting with mencoder to encode some of my anime.

I've extracted a vob from a DVD and am encoding it using the following:

mencoder ict-001.vob -sid 0 -aid 129 -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=128:vhq:keyint=150:vpass=1 -vop scale=320:240 -sws
2 -ofps 15 -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=56:cbr -o output.avi

and then of course repeated with vpass=2.

The resulting avi does have subtitles, but not throughout the whole
file.  About 65% or so has subtitles encoded, the rest doesn't.

When playing the VOB directly using mplayer the problem doesn't exist,
subs exist throughout, it's just when encoding that this problem shows
up.

It's not just this particular disc either, i've tried a few, and the
same thing happens on them all.

I've had a search of the archives, but i haven't found any information
about this problem.  Anyone have any ideas?

Using mplayer compiled from CVS yesterday.

I've put the file encoded from the vob up at
http://www.hetherington.co.uk/files/ictylor.avi (7.7Mb) although i don't
know what anyone could learn from it.

TIA
--