[MPlayer-users] I wrote a newbie-oriented article on how to compile/install MPlayer and would greatly appriciate comments

Goetz Waschk waschk at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Thu Jun 27 12:07:14 CEST 2002

Am Donnerstag, 27. Juni 2002, 11:49:58 Uhr MET, schrieb Martin Schuster:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:23:09AM -0700, Farrell Farahbod wrote:
> > http://mysite.iptic.com/upgrdman/temp/mplayer/mplayer-article.html
> >
> Wow, great work, thanks, I think I'll point those n00bs to this page :)
>
> Just some little remarks (I'm quite an asshole when it comes to
> critizicing (sp?) a webpage, so don't take this negatively... :)

Hi,

I also have something to say about that article:

1. You recommend to compile as root, don't. Just do the make install
stuff as root and everything else as user.

2. It's often easyer to rebuild a package, please include a hint for
   that too.

--
   Götz Waschk <> master of computer science  <> University of Rostock
 http://wwwstud.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~waschk/waschk.asc for PGP key