[MPlayer-users] Re: TV Capture and AVI editing - best practices

steffen stef22 at gmx.de
Sun Jun 30 01:13:02 CEST 2002

Am Samstag, 29. Juni 2002 22:28 schrieb mplayer-users-request at mplayerhq.hu:

> However, vcr gives me a very large (875MB/hr) DivX ;-) Low-Motion file,
> which I then postprocess through a 3-pass mencoder DivX conversion.

Hmmm divx Low motion is a bad idea, it has a bad quality and is in a
avi-format and if you want to cut you have to do this precise on a keyframe.
I haven't much experience under Linux but have done this under win a lot
before ..

> The second problem is that the sound gets further and further out of
> sync until it disappears altogether.

This is because of the Keyframes I guess

Hmmm I think you should use Motion-JPEG to capture because it is better for
editing, maybe mpeg2 is also good for this.

Further I've heard about a tool called broadcast2000, for video-editing, but I
didn't try it right now.

Maybe MJPEG and mencoder does the trick for you ...

I hope this helps you a littlebit.

Greets

Steffen