[MPlayer-users] mencvcd issues

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Sun Jun 30 17:04:04 CEST 2002

Greetings all...

I've been using mencvcd to encode avi files to vcd thanks to the help
I've gotten from this mailing list.

I've noticed a couple of things though.  If the file expands to over the
specified disk capacity, mencvcd will split the file into the necessary
parts and make multiple bin/cue files.

The problem with this is that whenever this happens, the resulting
disk(s) always have bad synch, i.e. the sound usually runs far behind
the video.

What I was thikning was that if I split the source file manually first
and then encoded the two parts seperately that this wouldn't happen, but
I am clueless on how to do this.

Any hints?  These are avi files, can they be split using mencoder and
then properly re-indexed?

Or does someone have another work-around for the orginal issue?  I am
not sure what utility it is that actually splits the files, mjpegtools
or vcdimager.

TIA!

--
Grant D. Lewis

running Redhat Linux 7.3 "Valhalla" kernel 2.4.18-3 on a i686
"Those who define new paradigms for the world are often considered odd
at first"