[MPlayer-users] mencvcd issues

Juergen Hammelmann juergen.hammelmann at gmx.de
Sun Jun 30 17:39:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

Am Sonntag, 30. Juni 2002 16:55 schrieb GD Lewis:
> I've noticed a couple of things though.  If the file expands to over the
> specified disk capacity, mencvcd will split the file into the necessary
> parts and make multiple bin/cue files.
>
> The problem with this is that whenever this happens, the resulting
> disk(s) always have bad synch, i.e. the sound usually runs far behind
> the video.
Hmmm, with ripping dvd's to several vcd images, i didn't get a bad sync!?
is this behaviour only with avi files?
maybe try option -sync

> What I was thikning was that if I split the source file manually first
> and then encoded the two parts seperately that this wouldn't happen, but
> I am clueless on how to do this.

don't know now...

> Any hints?  These are avi files, can they be split using mencoder and
> then properly re-indexed?
>
> Or does someone have another work-around for the orginal issue?  I am
> not sure what utility it is that actually splits the files, mjpegtools
> or vcdimager.
mplex from mjpegtools splits the files: first a mpeg video stream and mp2/mp3
audio stream are created and thrown together through mplex, which splits the
files. the maximal image size is set by -cdsize [Default: 646MB], mpeg2enc
from mjpegtools marks the video stream for splitting at encoding.

Ciao, Jürgen
--
Love sometimes expresses itself in sacrifice.
		-- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3220.3

system:  5:21pm  up 2 days,  9:31,  3 users,  load average: 2.79, 2.48, 2.23
--
email: juergen.hammelmann at gmx.de            | Dipl.-Inf. Juergen Hammelmann,
job:   +49-7034-259041, +49-179-2178869     | Bruehlstr. 6,