[MPlayer-users] video card performance

daniel carter hedonist at win.co.nz
Mon Mar 4 23:30:02 CET 2002

Paul Ortyl wrote:

>I'll have to run two separate XServers (one for ordinary work and one for
>movies...).  Does anyone know a way for switching consoles (XServers) under
>Linux with a CLI command???

On mandrake here there is a command "switchto"

[dantheperson at danski dantheperson]$ switchto
Usage: switchto vt_num
[dantheperson at danski dantheperson]$ rpm -qf `which switchto`
open-1.4-13mdk
[dantheperson at danski dantheperson]$ rpm -qi open
Name        : open                         Relocations: (not relocateable)
Version     : 1.4                               Vendor: MandrakeSoft
Release     : 13mdk                         Build Date: Sun 16 Sep 2001
06:07:41 AM NZST
Install date: Thu 11 Oct 2001 02:09:36 PM NZDT      Build Host:
ke.mandrakesoft.com
Group       : Terminals                     Source RPM:
open-1.4-13mdk.src.rpm
Size        : 12575                            License: GPL
Packager    : Warly <warly at mandrakesoft.com>
Summary     : A tool which will start a program on a virtual console.
Description :
The open command starts a specified command with the first available virtual
console, or on a virtual console that you specify.

Install the open package if you regularly use virtual consoles to run
programs.